Contact Us

If Chat is offline, try finding your answer in our FAQ database by typing the subject of your question in the box above and viewing the FAQs that appear as you type. If you don't find what you're looking for, you may submit your question and receive an answer via email as soon as possible.

Answered By Library Staff
Last Updated: Mar 03, 2017     Views: 23

We do offer a service called Interlibrary Loan (ILL), which allows us to request articles for our patrons from other libraries.

When you look at the item record in a database, if TCC has full text access to that journal in that database, you'll see an obvious link to full text (it will say PDF Full TextHTML Full Text , or View Full Text).  If you don't see something like that, you'll probably see a link that says Find Full Text at TCC Library. Clicking that link forces the system to check our holdings, and if full text is available, you'll land on a page with links to the full text.

If TCC does not have access to that publication through any other databases, you'll see We were unable to find any links to this item.

At that point, you can click on Check Holdings in your Library Catalog, but it's not likely we'll have it in print either.

Further down on the page, there should be a button that says, Interlibrary Loan to Get it From Another Library. Click on that button, and you'll be routed to your Library Account. 

If you are not already logged into MyTCC, you'll be prompted to do that, and then you'll land on a page that says, Submit an Interlibrary Loan Request.  It's a good idea to double check the fields to be sure the journal title, article title, volume, issue and date match the record you found in the database. After double checking that, and your TCC email address, click on Submit Request.  

You'll be notified by email when the article is available for viewing.  

To be clear, we don't guarantee that we can get every item depends upon the lending policies of the libraries who have online access to the article.

Please don't hesitate to contact our ILL department if you have additional questions by emailing or visiting