Answered By: Jamie Holmes
Last Updated: Jan 30, 2020     Views: 6530

Tulsa Community College (TCC) is required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to prepare 1098-T tuition tax statements for all students who have reportable transactions. TCC contracts with an outside firm, CashNet, to provide these documents to you.

CashNet offers you the opportunity to receive your 1098-T form electronically. If you would like to receive your 1098T form electronically, please give your consent by following the link provided to your student mail and going to the 1098-T section to make your choice. If you choose to receive a paper copy of your 1098T form, simply do nothing. The benefits to receiving electronic notification are:

  • Online delivery provides access to the form 1098T earlier than traditional mail.
  • Online delivery eliminates the chance of the 1098T getting lost or misplaced.
  • Signing up for online delivery is easy and secure.
  • Students can receive their 1098T form from any location.

Currently enrolled and eligible students:

To get an electronic 1098-T form, follow these instructions:

  1. Sign into MyTCC
  2. Click on My Account
  3. Look on the right hand side of the page for the "Student Payment & Refund Preferences" and select "CASHNet Payment Login."
  4. Sign up for the electronic version of your 1098-T form by selecting the link in the "1098-T" box and checking "Yes" on the next page.
  5. To get the actual form, it will be in that same "1098-T" box in the bottom right.

You can also find more information about the 1098-T on the My Account page under the "Tax Information" box:

Tax information box on MyTCC

Not every TCC student will receive a 1098-T form, only eligible students will. All others will be mailed to students, so be sure your contact information is correct. Please take a moment to log into MyTCC and check your personal information for accuracy. Be sure your mailing address is correct and if it is not please make any corrections necessary. In addition, it is imperative that your social security number (SSN) or taxpayer identification (ITIN) number is correct as well. If your SSN is not correct or there is not one on your account you will need to bring your social security card and a picture id to any enrollment services office at any TCC campus in order to get that information corrected. You may also complete the W-9S form that is available on MyTCC under the My Account Link, 1098-T Information.  

For additional assistance contact the staff in the Bursar's Office.