Contact the TCC Library
Answered By Library Staff Last Updated: Jul 30, 2020 Views: 159
There are a few different ways to find out what textbook is needed for your class:
- Go to TCC's Online Bookstore and click on Shop Textbooks. You can search in two ways:
- If you know the course ID (CRN), that's the quickest way. Select that option and enter the CRN
- If you don't know the CRN, you can search by selecting the campus, department, course # and section #
- L og into Blackboard and check your class syllabus. The syllabus will list the required textbooks. It may be best to attend your first class and find out what the instructor requires.
- Visit the bookstore on the campus where your class will meet.
Each campus library has some textbooks on reserve, if the instructor or department has provided a copy. The textbooks can be used only within the library for a 2 hour checkout period. However, different textbooks are used for the same classes taught at the various campuses.
Also check the campus library if a textbook is on reserve. See the link to Course Reserves below, but it's also a good idea to verify via phone call to the library to make sure the book is there.
If you are taking an online class, only the Northeast Campus bookstore sells textbooks for online classes. Please note that textbooks for online classes are not on reserve at the Northeast campus library.
Search the library's Course Reserves for your textbook.
See information about the Library locations and hours plus phone numbers.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the library is not currently offering print course reserves for the Fall 2020 semester. However, library staff is happy to help faculty explore options for providing electronic course reserves within Blackboard. Faculty can see this link for more information.