Does TCC have access to Pressbooks to make my OER as an instructor?
I'm faculty and would like to use Pressbooks to publish the OER content I want my students to use. How do I create my account?
The TCC Library has Pressbooks!
Many of you have already seen the Academic Integrity OER textbook made on the Pressbooks Platform. Learn more about Pressbooks at TCC and get your account with the new textbook: Getting Started with Pressbooks at TCC.
From the Pressbooks site:
Using the Pressbooks Authoring & Editing Platform, faculty can adapt existing OER for their classrooms, create new material from scratch, and enrich content with accessible math notation, videos, audio, web annotation, and interactive elements like quizzes and other forms of assessment.
- Write new content
- Deliver OER in 10+ file formats
- Add accessible math notation
- Embed multimedia
- Add assessment with H5P
- Clone content from the Pressbook Directory to adapt for the classroom
- Create a social annotation layer with Hypothesis
- Conform with the highest accessibility standards
- Publish with beautiful book templates