Q. How do I request accommodations?


Recently, the Education Access Center and the Resource Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing were merged into one department named Accessibility Resources (AR). The focus of the Accessibility Resources department is to determine appropriate accommodations and support services for students with disabilities while they journey through their chosen academic degree pathways.

  • Contact Access Resources as the first step. It is recommended that you start this process before the beginning of the semester, although you may request accommodations at any time.
  • It is the student’s responsibility to initiate contact and make a request for accommodations each semester the student is enrolled. To begin a request to receive accommodations, select the “How to Request Services" truncation. 
  • To initiate your request, we suggest that you provide documentation to support your request. An Individualized Education Plan (IEP), Section 504 Plan, Summary of Performance (SOP) or a typed letter on official letterhead from a diagnosing professional are all acceptable forms of documentation.
  • Last Updated Jan 21, 2020
  • Views 31
  • Answered By Amanda Ross

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0